Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'M BACK, I'M BACK, I'M BACK!!!

Did you ever get in trouble as a child? And did you mother ever take away your favorite toy/book/diversion for what seemed like an eternity? Do you remember the joy of getting your toy/book/diversion back and promising to never let it go? Yeah, that's how I feel right now.

I have had people in my home on and off since early July, constantly since mid-July. Which means I have had barely any access to my home computer (which resides in the office/guestroom/library/giant closet) since all this mayhem started.

During this time, I have been either entertaining, cooking, cleaning or working. On a couple of occasions I was doing all of the above at the a time. Normally, I love entertaining and cooking--I always loathe cleaning. But I have learned that love is neither unconditional nor unlimited. If I have to clean after the cooking and entertaining, before I go to work each day, I eventually become irate. If I have to defend my lifestyle, friends, or family while cooking, cleaning and working, I become a resentful little woman whose hospitality will come to a screeching halt. Un/Fortunately, I have not reached a point where I have had to recommend a hotel to my guests, but that boiling point is very close right now and I may resort to such recommendations, rather than my passive-aggressive charms soon.

But right now, I'm just happy to be able to sit at my computer and write on my blog.

Yay!

No comments: