- I have reclaimed my home from almost six weeks of playing hostess to assorted International Travelers. I am once again able to enjoy my cup of coffee in nothing more than a bath towel if I so choose (I haven't really because it's a little chilly in the morning). Granted, I will be entertaining again this weekend, but they will be leaving at the end of the night (or early morning hours). In light of all of the cooking, entertaining and schedule juggling, I'm seriously considering opening a B&B.
- I got a promotion. It only took me 2.5 years of negotiating, achieving milestones and begging to make this happen. I am pleased that they finally caved. Please feel free to contact me if you need a personal chef or a project manager. (I also tutor up to college level classes in most subjects, and come with recommendations).
- I have lovely friends, who make me happy every time I think of them or talk to them. I am grateful for their good company, their wisdom and the fact that they are in good health and humor.
- There are some people who are very, very easily impressed. I like meeting them, as they are great for my ego.
- I saw Persepolis. I LOVED it. Not just because it seemed like the story of my life, but because a whole bunch of Iranian friends (male and female) watched it and found more to bond over. We ex-pats, relatives of executed and exiled elders who have lived as fish out of water--we have found a small, shining moment on screen.
- I am having fewer death related dreams. I am waking up for no reason at least four or five times a night, but in a way, that is actually preferable to dreaming of my demise in assorted ways.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Updates--For Those Kind Enough to Wonder
I realize that lately I have been slightly 'frustrated', and not just about things that impact me directly. But I'm a little cheerier today, if exhausted. Why?